Open House Bulletin, Inc. User Agreement
The following describes the terms on which OHB, Inc. offers you access to our services.
By using the services on the OHB, Inc. websites, you are agreeing to the following terms, including those available by hyperlink, (the "Agreement" or "User Agreement") with OHB, Inc. and the general principles for the websites of our subsidiaries.
This Agreement is effective on September, 2006, for current users, and upon acceptance for new users.
Using OHB, Inc.
While using the Sites, you will not:
- post content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on the Sites;
- Violate any laws, third party rights, or our policies.
- use the Sites if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our Sites;
- fail to deliver payment for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot authenticate the seller's identity;
- fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms, or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user's listings;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to OHB, Inc.;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information);
- transfer your OHB, Inc. account and User ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm OHB, Inc., or the interests or property of OHB, Inc. users;
- copy, modify, or distribute content from the Sites and OHB, Inc. copyrights and trademarks; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
Abusing OHB, Inc.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Sites if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts.
Fees and Services
Joining OHB, Inc. as a buyer and bidding on listed properties is free. We do charge fees for using other services, such as listing properties. When you list a property or use a service that has a fee you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged based on our Fees schedule, which we may change from time to time. Changes to that Policy are effective after we provide you with at least thirty days' notice by posting the changes on the Sites. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the Sites.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with the Sites in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us, retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and for accounts over 180 days past due, deducting the amount owed from your Pay Pal account balance.)
When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights (but no other rights) you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. (We need these rights to host and display your content.)
You will not hold OHB, Inc. responsible for other users' actions or inactions, including things they post. You acknowledge that we are not a traditional auctioneer. Instead, the Sites are a venue to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy real estate properties, related real estate holdings, and real estate related services, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of pricing formats and venues, such as agents websites, brokerages, lenders, offices, builders, banks, and any other website and/or physical address related to the user posting the properties/service(s) on OHB, Inc. website’s whether in fixed price formats and/or bidding/auction-style formats. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
We do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer, and nothing in this agreement shall modify the governing provisions of California Commercial Code § 2401(2) and Uniform Commercial Code § 2-401(2), under which legal ownership of an item is transferred upon physical delivery of the item to the buyer by the seller. Unless the buyer and the seller agree otherwise, the buyer will become the item's lawful owner upon physical receipt of the item from the seller, in accordance with California Commercial Code § 2401(2) and Uniform Commercial Code § 2-401(2).
All content provided by you, the user, will be assumed correct and reliable and any dispute or incorrect information will be the responsibility of the user and OHB, Inc. will not be held liable for such information or liability caused by such inaccuracies.
Unless otherwise agreed upon by both seller and buyer the property will not become lawfully transferred until escrow has closed successfully and recording has been confirmed by proper county in which property is located. All states differ in real estate laws and OHB, Inc. strongly urge both buyer(s) and seller(s) to consult with a real estate attorney, association, or board of realtors to make sure all legal proceedings are met and followed if a broker is not used during the transaction.
Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services, and operation of the Sites may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of our Sites. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, and (b) $100.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Access and Interference
The Sites contains robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to OHB, Inc. by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Sites for any purpose without our express written permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from the Sites without the prior expressed written permission of OHB, Inc. and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites or any activities conducted on the Sites; or
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Sites.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served to the email address you provide to OHB, Inc. during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
Resolution of Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and OHB, Inc., our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and OHB, Inc. agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
- Law and Forum for Disputes - This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against OHB, Inc. must be resolved by a court located in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, California, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Los Angeles County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Arbitration Option - For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Improperly Filed Claims - All claims you bring against OHB, Inc. must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section, OHB, Inc. may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1000, provided that OHB, Inc. has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
The following policies are part of this Agreement and provide additional terms and conditions related to specific services offered on the Site(s):
- Officers, board members, employees, contractors, and all other positions affiliated and applicable to OHB, Inc. may hold a real estate license in one or more state(s). You agree and acknowledge that understanding and will not hold OHB, Inc. or its individuals responsible or liable pertaining to its states real estate laws as a licensee. OHB, Inc. does not intend nor is it involved in the sale of or transferring of real estate holdings.
- All individuals with a license agreement have the approval of OHB, Inc. to market and use our websites and any violations of company terms and policies by such individual are not the responsibility of OHB, Inc. All claims, lawsuits, and disputes are to be directed to Licensee.
Policies may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the Sites. When using particular services on the Sites, you are subject to any posted policies or rules applicable to services you use through the Sites, which may be posted from time to time. All such policies or rules are hereby incorporated into this Agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this Agreement.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on the Sites. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted on the Sites. This Agreement may not be otherwise amended except in a writing signed by you and us. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The following Sections survive any termination of this Agreement: Fees and Services (with respect to fees owed for our services), Release, Content License, Liability, Indemnity and Resolution of Disputes. Bottom of Form
To report violations or support issues please use the following contact information:
Open House Bulletin, Inc.
(877) 291-OPEN (6736)